Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Friday, January 21, 2011

5 Days


I wanted to speak briefly about special needs children and our current situation.
In 5 days, the life of one of my children is going to change, largely and forever. We have 5 days until surgery. This surgery could allow Prasun to walk completely independently, or it could cause him to be paralyzed. That is a really big thing to be facing when he doesn't really know the full ramifications.
I know that God has a great plan for his life. I know that he is in God's hands and that God loves him way more than I ever could.
Truth be told though, I'm scared. They are operating on my child's spinal cord, but even more worrisome is that he is simply having surgery. I don't like it when my kids have surgery. For those hours, I have NO control over their safety. As a nurse, to me that is scary. SIGH!!!
This is how God tests me. He puts me in situations where I have to rely on Him for the safety of my family.
So for the next 5 days, I'm going to be an emotional wreck. I am going to be trying not to thing about the surgery. I'm going to just make a to do list and check off everything. Make plans for the week after surgery and just pretend that nothing is going to happen.
If you see me crying, say a prayer for us. Give me a hug, then promptly change the subject.
Thank you.

3 comments:

Arnold family said...

We will be praying for your family and for surgical success. It is so hard when kids have surgery, it makes me ill waiting for them to come out. When Elijah had his cranioplasty it was so scary. God has these special children in His grip.
Holly:)
www.arnoldfamilynews.blogspot.com

The Labontes said...

Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. It's so hard to make these huge decisions for our little ones, even when the benefits could be so huge.

Kisses for that sweet boy.
Kristy

Not By Chance said...

Praying for you and Prasun! You will be so delighted with the results! I can't wait to see!

Hang in there!

L,
Susie