Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Friday, January 23, 2009

Change and Hope

More serious stuff.
Tuesday I watched the Inauguration. I'm not a political person really. I have a few issues that I am very passionate about. Not liking politics is really one of them. To start with they want to reform healthcare but don't take care of the patients everyday so they can truly know what needs done. Another thing I'm passionate about is management. I generally don't like them either, but that is not for today.
Tuesday I watched the 44th President of the United States take the oath of office. I was honestly excited. So much in life is out of our control. We can control some, but most is out of our realm. I just sit back and watch, wondering "wonder what is going to happen next?"
I hope and pray that it isn't like a horrific car crash that you can't take your eyes off. I hope the answers become clear to our new President. I hope he can see how to start to "fix" the problems. I think that Americans will have to come off our "high" and tighten up. Things can only go well for so long. That may sound pessimistic, but its true. The bad will come eventually. You just hope its a little bad and not horrific car crash bad. You also hope that when it does get better (hoping for sooner rather than later) that we can prepare ourselves better for when the bad comes again.
I'm watching the new President with interest. I want to see what happens next. I'm hoping he makes some good changes. There are some changes that I'm hoping he can't make. There is never a candidate that will stand for ALL the things you believe. I just want to see everything not get alot worse. I hope that he manages the taxpayers money like he would handle his own money.
This week alot has changed. We won't know next week what all the change causes. All we can do is watch, and pray, and hope. Then we continue to live our lives. We teach our children right from wrong. We raise the leaders of tomorrow. We show others that we love and respect them. We care for one and other. We help others when they need it.
We hope for some things to stay the same. And we hope for change.
Bless the new President and his family. Alot in their lives are changing.
(Little side rant. Why is it so important what designer Michelle picks to wear? Really people lets have intelligent conversation. World peace, starving children, and such. Life isn't all about clothes. Although I am happy that Michelle made tasteful choices as opposed the knee high go-go boots worn by someone else. )

No comments: