Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My First Born


Eleven years ago I could not have imagined today. My baby is 11. Today I heard you say the word "puberty". I can't believe it.
We have had a busy 11 years. You have always been my patient child. You have always just rolled with the punches and gone right along. Even with the most insanity, you just kept going.
You have this love for everything. You are kind to everyone you meet. You love animals. You amaze me.
I have watched you bond with your sister and I'm amazed. You have this huge bond with Ananya. I know that she will always be safe with you. You look after her and always are willing to give her a few minutes to play. I have watched you love her from the moment she came to us in the orphanage.
I have watched you develop a bond with your brother. I have seen it being more difficult, but know the entire situation has been different. It may have been different if you were in India with me to meet him. I see you care for him and love to watch you play with him.
I have watched you adjust from being an only child to being a sibling and big brother. I have watched as you have learned to share everyone in your life. I have watched you give the spotlight to your sister and then your brother.
I have tortured you with 2 years of homeschool. I hope I have taught you something. I do see you growing. Becoming more responsible. I have enjoyed the time we have had together more than you will ever know. I love having you with me everyday.
Anthony,
I love you. You were my first baby and always will be. I have enjoyed ever moment you have been in my life. I can't wait to see what the next 11 years will bring. I hope I can continue to show you the world. I see you changing the world. I hope I can help you.
You are my baby. I love you.
Happy 11th Birthday!
Love Mom

No comments: