Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Prasun


This is the first year. You are 4 and this is the first year you have celebrated a birthday with your family. God has had an awesome plan for you since your birth. You are a special boy. You are my special boy.
I can't believe you are 4. You have been with us for only 4 1/2 months. It seems like so much longer. I can't believe how you've changed. I can't wait to see how you continue to change. How you grow into yourself.
In less than 5 months, you understand English. You speak English. It is amazing. It seems like everyday you learn a new word. How can I resist picking you up when you say "Hunnee" in that sweet voice.
You are amazing. When Ananya is upset, you constantly ask me "Ananya, Ananya?" You want to make sure your sister is ok. You crawl up and grab my leg and hug me. In 4 short months, you have learned to look at me and melt my heart with 2 words, "love you." You give them without thought or prompting.
You are such a good brother to Ananya. You love to play with her. I'm not sure 2 of you would know what to do without each other anymore. I love to watch you wrestle with her.
I am so happy to have you. I was overwhelmed to meet you in India again. You had grown so much in the 18 months we were apart. You went from a baby to a big boy. My big boy.
Prasun,
You amaze me. You pick up on things in an instant. You reflect my facial expressions that I didn't know that I made. You repeat my words. I hope I can lead you to be a great person. I will always be here. Waiting to witness your next accomplishment.
I love you.
Happy Birthday.
Love Mommy (or as you have started calling me "Jo").

2 comments:

Candice said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Prasun! I am so glad that he is home and getting to celebrate this birthday with you!

Candice

Julie & Patrick said...

Hooray for Prasun's great strides and a Birthday to celebrate too!

Julie R