Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Angel Tree--It's time to give back!!!!

Meet Vaughn.
This precious little guy needs a family.  He lives in South America.  He is such a cutie.
We are working with Reeces Rainbow's Angel Tree this year to raise $1000 for his adoption fund.  I'd love to raise more than that but I'm determined that we will get to $1000.
I don't need to tell many of you that the average cost of adoption is about $25,000.  I don't know many people that have that much money just sitting around.  It's a lot of money.
I do, however, know that God blesses families tremendously as they step out to adopt.  I want to help bless a family.  I want to help ease their burden, as well as their mind, as they try to raise funds to adopt.
This $1000 might pay for this little man's plane ticket home or for the immigration fees to get his visa into the country.  This $1000 actually won't cover a whole lot, but its a piece of the puzzle.  It's a drop in the bucket.
I like to break challenges into manageable pieces.  It's eating the elephant.  One bite at a time.
Here is how I've broke this challenge down.
$1000 raised in 61 days. That is $16.40 per day.
Can I get any volunteers to sponsor 1 day?  Just click here and make a donations.  It will make my day to see Vaughn's grant fund increase by $1.
Anyone willing to give up a Starbuck's for my little buddy?

No comments: