Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Thursday, February 28, 2008

All the More Reason to Push Adoption Down People Throats

There was a news story on Fox News about a baby who survived "falling" through a toilet on an Indian train onto the tracks. The family stated that the mother became unconscious and the baby fell through the squat toilet. The family initiated the search for the little girl so it seems it probably was an accident. How many times have we heard in our country about girls (and women) who abandon their newborns? Of course it happens in other countries, especially in cultures were women are looked down upon.
Read the story here.
The process is renewed in my mind. Maybe I should take the "gloves off" when discussing adoption? Who the heck cares if I'm too pushy. If the statements I make help someone make the choice to adopt, then it is worth insulting all the others. It goes back to the article Pam posted here about how Christians are basically coping out and not helping to take care of the orphans hence the fostercare system is so huge. I wish everyone could see my cause through my eyes. Oh well. I wouldn't have anything to rant and rave about then I guess.
Well, I'll get back to my CVS shopping now (hope I don't trip getting off my platform.)

1 comment:

txggirl said...

Hi Amanda, I was doing my daily browsing of the blogs and came across yours... and I am wondering about a few things. First, are you agreeing with the author of the article about Christians and adoption? And secondly, I am very respectfully asking, what is "your cause". Thank you for your time. tx.