Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Adventures of Scooter and Pirate Pete





Today has just been one of those days.
This morning I had to crawl out of my nice warm bed at the butt-crack of dawn (6:30 is early to me anyways). I had to get ready and get the kids ready to be out of the door by 7:45. I'm not good at mornings. We needed to be at the eye doctor for Prasun at 8:15. We made it out of the house 10 minutes late which is good for us. After I got the kids dressed, Prasun was sitting in the floor and he was soaked. I didn't get his diaper on great because he wakes up with alot of muscle stiffness and keeps his legs bent. I had to change his pants because I didn't take the 2 seconds to make sure his diaper was even and tight. I know better but was trying to rush. I was only 5 minutes late for the eye appointment by the time I dragged the stroller out from under 100 lbs of dog food and 50 lbs of kitty litter.
When I got into the eye doctor, I found out I was a day early. I can't keep track of the date (I did know it was Wednesday). I could have sworn today was the 12th. They were nice enough to work us in. We were out by 9:00. Thats good for any of our appointments. I can't believe that I didn't realize the appointment was Thursday. I have all this on the calendar on my phone and have looked at it about 400 times in the last week.
The doctor said that Prasun's eyes seem to be getting better. She has us patching his eye for about 2 hours a day. We are trying to increase the strength in his left eye. She told me today that he isn't seeing well, but since she didn't put him in glasses I'm guessing it is a muscle thing and not a sight thing. Oh well. This is her specialty.
Last night a pipe burst so we didn't have some water until P could get home from Home Depot with the cap for the pipe. I didn't give the kids a bath because we had the water turned off for about 2 hours. I put the kids in the bathtub when we got home from the doctor. I got them all cleaned up. I put Ananya in her walker to stand for a while. I'm missing one of her knee immobilizers. I saw it Monday and can't remember where I put it. She did very well with just 1 knee immobilizer. I put Prasun's eye patch on and of course after the bath and lotion the bandaid wouldn't stick. I tried to get Prasun to color but he just wanted to rip the paper up.
Yesterday we stopped at the park on our way home. It was such a nice day. Temps in the 70's. It was the first time Prasun has felt sand. I wasn't sure how he would handle the texture. He didn't mind it. He did fall while trying to crawl through the sand ended up with sand in his mouth. Ananya liked watching the kids at the park run and play. Prasun also did well on the swings. I wasn't sure if he would like them. He sat in the swing well though.
I included the pictures that I could. I've lost a USB cord. It is driving me crazy because I can't get the pictures off my camera without getting a disk made. Thats 3 dollars and a trip out of my way. If I don't find the cord soon I guess I can buy a new one. I hate to do that though. I'm cheap.
the 2nd and 3rd are the reason for the name of the post. Ananya scoots around all the time and Patrick calls her Scooter. While we were in PA, my grandma decided to call Prasun "Pete" because she can't remember Prasun. We use a pirate patch to keep Prasun from pulling off his eye patch so he is Pirate Pete.
I'll post more later. I've got some things to say as we are getting toward Gotcha Day. February 15th. A big day for our family.

No comments: