Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Letter to Ananya


My Dear, Sweet Ananya,
Two years have flown by. Two years ago we were united as a family of 4. I can't believe how the time has flown by. It seems like you have been with us forever.
The last 2 years have been filled with some of the happiest, the most stressful, the scariest moments of my life.
I've watched you grow from this little baby to this little girl. I've seen you change from a child who can't crawl to a girl that can do anything. I've seen you learn to crawl and try to walk. I've watched you learn signs and then refuse to use them.
I've never been as scared as the times you've had botox. I dread those days. You, however, are fine. You are such a brave girl. You get IVs and never flinch.
Today we celebrated your 4th birthday.
Happy Birthday Princess!
I hope that today was good for you. I hope everyday is good for you. You amaze me on a daily basis. I can't imagine my life without your smile. Always remember you are a strong girl. You can do anything. Your daddy and I will never stop to get you what you need. You can always lean on us and your brothers. We are a family.
I can't thank your birthmother enough. She made a brave decision. To give you a chance with a new family was brave. I'm so thankful we are blessed to be your family. I wish I could tell Rina what a wonderful child you are. I know she is a beautiful woman to have such a beautiful daughter. Your strength started with your birthmother.
Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Ananya,

Happy Birthday! Sorry this is so late in coming. I asked your mom when your birthday was so I could send a greeting on that special day but then things got busy here and I checked your blog and found that I was late anyway, so I am sending you this note to tell you that I hope you had a very wonderful day with your family.

Lynda

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Ananya!! You are such a beautiful girl, and look how far you have come these past two years!!

Peter and Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Ananya! I can't believe the difference in the photos -- she was such a tiny little thing, and now such a grown-up girl. On a funny side note, Anya Rashi thought some of the pictures were of herself . . . mostly the ones with shorter hair. :o)
Congratulations to all of you!
-- Nancy

Candice said...

Hope Ananya had a wonderful birthday! What a sweet little girl! So much to celebrate!