Trials are not enemies of faith but are opportunities to prove
God's faithfulness. -- Author Unknown

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one
to say 'thank you?' -- William A. Ward

Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Finished My First Race.

OK. Not the best picture. This is the race tag from my very first 5K. I finished my race on July 4th in 39:45. Its not the world's fastest time, but I finished. I'm happy to have finished. I'm going to register for a 10K November 8th. I'll try to remember to take some pictures next time. My goal is to finish the Marine Corps Marathon in 2009. I'm really excited because I've wanted to do this for several years now. I just wasn't using my brain because I never broke it into smaller goals. Now I've got the 10K, then in the spring I'll do a half marathon around here and that will give me at least 5 months to build up to the whole 26.2 miles.

2 comments:

Kristi W. said...

Congrats on your race! ;)

Kristi

Julie & Patrick said...

Great job, Amanda!

No place to go but up!!

Julie R